Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Big Reveal!

Today is the day hundreds of jewelry makers reveal their creations for Lori Anderson's 8th annual Bead Soup Blog Party! It has been a pleasure for me to work with my Bead Soup partner, Melissa Muir of Kelsi's Closet Jewelbox She is a metalworker and does lots of reviews of new product lines. Check out her blog to see what she did with the soup I sent her... Below is a photo of the soup she sent me.Lots of pretty gemstones, sterling silver and some handmade components.
The beautiful handmade sterling silver pendant which I incorporated in my first necklace, and I also used the cute handmade "S" hook and eye clasp that she made in this design. I made a set of lampwork beads in cool colors of teal, dark blue and pale aqua, and used coordinating Swarovski crystals to tie it all together.
This is a 27" necklace and will be listed in my Etsy shop after the blog hop.
The coordinating earrings are made with the cute sterling silver flower beads and matching lampwork beads and crystals. I love these earrings!
The second necklace I designed using the oval copper piece and the gemstones. I textured the oval and ran it through my torch to give it a patina, then polished it with Renaissance wax. The lampwork beads I made are one of my favorite designs, with beautiful silver laden glass that really accents the gemstones. I made a copper clasp to finish off the piece. Time ran short for me so the earrings are still in the design phase!
Last but not least...I fell in love with the copper and silver components that Melissa made. So I made a pair of earrings for myself with my lampwork beads! I wear a lot of black and earth tones, so these will get a lot of wear.
I'd like to thank my partner, Melissa and our hostess with the mostest, Lori Anderson for another fun Bead Soup Blog Hop Party. Be sure to check out the other bloggers in this list.

33 comments:

  1. Two very different pieces, and both so beautiful! Thank you for showing them to us.

    I really love your sense of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all the designs and love how the blend of your glass and Melissa's metal are truly much more then the sum of their parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh love these quirky handmade focal and toggle, and you made them justice! I am wildly in love with these last triangle earrings as well, they are supercool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, I LOVE the first necklace with those gorgeous beads in blues! But I love itall!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila, these turned out beautifully. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, especially that last necklace. Although, I am pretty partial to that last pair of earrings too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pieces. I'd snap that last pair of earrings up in a heartbeat if I saw them at a show. And the necklace, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectly done - all your pieces are simply gorgeous. Lovely designs (and lovely components by Melissa, I love her work too).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful designs, Sheila...You are so talented! I especially love the second necklace, and the earrings are so cool. I'd keep them too if I were you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful how you made two distinct designs! The first set so delicate and pretty and the second strong and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job with a wonderful soup mix!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That delicate silver focal is so cool and you made a great necklace with it. I love the textured copper and that necklace even more! Excellent work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some scrumptious pieces going there! Love the lightness of your first necklace - whimsical looking! Love what you did with the copper pendant with your beads - awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work! I just love the last earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great designs. The triangular earrings are very fun and look like they's coordinate with any outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very inventive projects, earrings are my fav!congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful soup you received. Love both pieces, but I think the copper one is my favorite. Love those triangle earrings. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful soup, Sheila, and you made extraordinary pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you brought color into that first focal with your lampwork beads! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful soup, I love all your pieces. But especially I love the long necklace with the lampwork beads and the final earrings. Great design. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! The second necklace and earrings are my favorite, maybe because I am a bit rustic myself... and I love copper, especially with such a beautiful color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the green necklace and the last pair of earrings. Very cool designs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely work. All of your finished pieces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely beautiful, Sheila! I see, we had set ourselves the same tasks..... :0)))
    Great how this beautiful finished copper piece fits with your awesome beads, hmhmhm yummy colors! Very , very inspiring for me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous! They are all so different I'm not sure which is my favorite but those earrings you made for yourself might be...all very beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  26. GORGEOUS pieces! I love the first one - the colors and the whimsy of it. I wonder if you'd be willing to share where you found the little S tubes? =) Great pieces!

    Linda A.
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! The little sterling S tubes are from my nieces bead store in California, Bead Artistry. I have seen them online too, maybe if you Google it you can find them.

      Delete
  27. Very pretty and feminine, that first necklace but my fav is the other. It looks so natural and organic and earthy. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love each piece you made, but those last earrings with the triangles are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how you mixed the purple with both greens and copper. Nice eye for color! The second necklace is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, all of your pieces are super. Your first necklace incorporates some of my favorite colors too. However, I think it's those last earrings that really get my attention. I love the subtlety of them and the mixed metals. Awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous designs - one necklace is airy and the other full and luscious but I like both designs and also the mixture of stone, lampwork and copper!

    ReplyDelete